Lake Hickory North Carolina Wood Laser Engraved Lake Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Lake Hickory in Catawba County, North Carolina with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- Created in 1927 with the completion of the Oxford Dam.
Lake Hickory is one of several man-made reservoirs in North Carolina’s largest river system, the Catawba River Basin.
- 4,223 Surface Acres
- 105 Miles of Shoreline
- Avg. Depth: 33 feet
- Max. Depth: 100 Feet.
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Small stand out 13"x16"
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Small 14”x18” Map
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
Lake Hickory was created on the Catawba River in 1927 with the completion of the Oxford Dam 11 miles northeast of Hickory. The dam parallels the NC Highway, 16 bridge over the Catawba River between Interstate 40 and Taylorsville.
It is 122 feet high, with an overall length of 1,200 feet. The spillway section of the dam is 550 feet long. Lake Hickory was named after the city of Hickory and runs along its northern edge. The lake covers almost 4,223 acres with 105 miles of shoreline. Full pond elevation is 935 feet.
Lake Hickory is a reliable source of water for the cities of Hickory and Conover and the town of Long-view.
Duke Energy provides five public access areas on the lake in cooperation with the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.
(Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design).