Lake Greenwood South Carolina Laser Engraved Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Lake Greenwood in Greenwood, Laurens and Newberry Counties, South Carolina with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- Formed by a hydroelectric dam built across the Saluda River near Chappells, SC
- 212 Miles of Shoreline
- 11,400 Acres
- Well known for the seasonal blooms of wisteria
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Small stand out 13"x16"
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Small 14”x18” Map
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
Lake Greenwood was formed by a hydroelectric dam built across the Saluda River near Chappells SC. The impoundment was licensed by the Federal Power Commission, predecessor to the current Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), as the Buzzards Roost Project. The project was re-licensed by FERC in 1995. The FERC Project No is P-1267. The lake has 212 miles (341 km) of shoreline and 11,400 acres (46 km2). While the waters of Lake Greenwood extend into three counties (Greenwood, Laurens and Newberry counties), Greenwood County actually owns the entire lake bed, having purchased all properties comprising the bed of the lake from farmers along both sides of the rivers in the late 1930s. Funding was provided by loans from the Public Works Administration during the Great Depression. All loans were later repaid in full. The Saluda River, the Reedy River and Rabon Creek come together to feed Lake Greenwood. There is also a local watershed surrounding the basin from which local rain also drains into the reservoir. Water released from Lake Greenwood feeds into the Saluda River at Chappells, which ultimately feeds into Lake Murray.
(Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design).
Got this as a gift for someone and they absolutely loved it! When I got it in the mail I loved it some much I wanted to keep it for myself. Such a beautiful work of art. Highly recommended.