Green River Lake Kentucky Laser Engraved Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Green River Lake in Adair, Taylor and Casey Counties, KY with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- Constructed in 1969
- 8,200 surface acres
- 250 miles of shoreline
- Avg. depth: 50 feet
- Reservoir located in Adair, Taylor and Casey Counties
This section of Kentucky is known as the Highland Rim.
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Small stand out 13"x16"
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Small 14”x18” Map
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
Green River Lake is a 8,210-acre reservoir in Adair, Taylor, and Casey counties in Kentucky lying in the section of Kentucky known as the Highland Rim.
The lake was formed by the United States Army Corps of Engineers in 1969 by impounding the Green River. The dam is an 11 mile drive equidistant from the cities of Campbellsville and Columbia. The lake is located 90 miles southeast of Louisville, KY.
(Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design)