Fripp Island South Carolina Laser Engraved Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Fripp Island in Beaufort County, South Carolina with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- A barrier Island halfway between Charleston, SC & Savannah, GA
- Named after Captain Johannes Fripp
- Local folklore: Pirate Blackbeard Stowed treasures here
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
Fripp Island is a 6.546 sq mi barrier island located along the Atlantic coast of the low country part of South Carolina. It is approximately 21 miles from Beaufort, 96 miles south of Charleston, and 65 miles north of Savannah, Georgia. Some of the neighboring islands include Hunting Island, St. Helena Island, and Lady's Island.
The island mostly serves as a residential vacation resort, but several hundred residents make it their permanent home. It is also the most seaward of the South Carolina Sea Islands. Fripp is renowned for its resort amenities and natural conservation.
(Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design)