Door County Peninsula Michigan Laser Engraved Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Door County Peninsula in Door County, Michigan with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- Door County Peninsula has over 300 miles of shoreline,
- Five State Parks,nineteen County Parks
- Surface Area 482 Square Miles
- County Government Established in 1851.
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Small stand out 13"x16"
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Small 14”x18” Map
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
The Door County peninsula has been inhabited for about 11,000 years. Artifacts from an ancient village site at Nicolet Bay Beach have been dated to about 400 BCE. This site was occupied by various cultures until about 1300 CE.
(Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design)