Nolin River Lake Kentucky Laser Engraved Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
Nolin River Lake, KY wooden engraved map with interesting history carved into wood.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Nolin River Lake in Edmonson, Grayson and Hart counties, Kentucky with the following interesting stats carved into it
- Year built: 1963
- Summer pool: 5,795 surface acres
- Winter pool: 2,890 surface acres
- Named for: Early American explorer Benjamin Lynn
Lynn became separated from his friends and could not be found for several days. Each night, they returned from the search reporting “No Lynn.” The river at which they camped became known as the Nolin.
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
- Feel Free To Ask For Sample Images Of The Size And Mounting Preferences.
- Each Piece Of Wood Is Unique. Birch Is Our Wood Of Preference. Some Is Clean And Blonde And Some Has Beautiful Variances.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Small stand out 13"x16"
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Small 14”x18” Map
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
Nolin River Lake is a reservoir in Edmonson, Grayson, and Hart counties in Kentucky. It was impounded from the Nolin River by the United States Army Corps of Engineers in 1963. The Nolin River dam was authorized in 1938 as part of a flood control act. The lake varies from 2,890 acres in the winter to 5,795 acres in the summer. Nearby attractions include Mammoth Cave National Park, Nolin Lake State Park, Moutardier Resort and Marina, Ponderosa Boat Dock/Marina and Wax Marina. (Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design).