Lake Erie United States and Canada Laser Engraved Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Lake Erie United States and Canada Laser Engraved with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- Lake Erie Is Named After The Native American Erie Tribe
- Surface Acres: 9,940 Sq. Miles
- Maximum Length: 241 Miles
- Maximum Width: 57 Miles
- Maximum Depth: 210 Feet
- Average Depth: 62 Feet
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Small stand out 13"x16"
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Small 14”x18” Map
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
Lake Erie Is The Fourth Largest Lake (By Surface Area) Of The Five Great Lakes In North America, And The Tenth Largest Globally Or Twelfth Largest Globally If Measured In Terms Of Surface Area. It Is The Southernmost, Shallowest, And Smallest By Volume Of The Great Lakes And Therefore Also Has The Shortest Average Water Residence Time.
Lake Erie'S Northern Shore Is Bounded By The Canadian Province Of Ontario, With Us States Of Ohio, Pennsylvania And New York On Its The Southern And Easternmost Shores And Michigan On The West. The Lake Was Named By The Erie Tribe Of Native Americans Who Lived Along Its Southern Shore.
That Iroquoian Tribe Called It "Erige" ("Cat") Because Of Its Unpredictable And Sometimes Violently Dangerous Nature. It Is A Matter Of Conjecture Whether The Lake Was Named After The Tribe, Or If The Tribe Was Called "Erie" Because Of Its Proximity To The Lake.The Main Natural Outflow From The Lake Is Via The Niagara River, Which Provides Hydroelectric Power To Canada And The U.S. As It Spins Huge Turbines Near Niagara Falls At Lewiston, New York And Queenston, Ontario.
Some Outflow Occurs Via The Well And Canal Which Diverts Water For Ship Passages From Port Colborne, Ontario On Lake Erie, To St. Catharines On Lake Ontario, An Elevation Difference Of 326 Ft. Lake Erie'S Environmental Health Has Been An Ongoing Concern For Decades, With Issues Such As Overfishing, Pollution And Algal Blooms And Eutrophication Generating Headlines.
I love it but it was not together so you are remaking it for me. Looking forward to the new one!!