Cache La Poudre River Colorado Laser Engraved Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Cache La Poudre River, Colorado AKA “Poudre River” or plain “Poudre” with interesting stats carved into it:
- The pictured map was commissioned by the Town of Fort Collins to commemorate the Colorado Marathon. We wanted to show you how gorgeous this map would look in display. We would probably engrave the following stats:
The Poudre is 126 miles long
- The name “Cache La Poudre” is French for “hide the powder” which refers to an incident in 1820 when some French trappers were forced to bury their gunpowder when they were caught in a snowstorm.
This river is subject to sudden and devastating floods.
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Small stand out 13"x16"
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Small 14”x18” Map
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
The Cache la Poudre River (sometimes called the Poudre River or the Poudre) is in the state of Colorado in the United States.
Its headwaters are in the Front Range in Larimer County, in the northern part of Rocky Mountain National Park. The river descends eastward in the mountains through the Roosevelt National Forest in Poudre Canyon. It emerges from the foothills north of the city of Fort Collins.
It flows eastward across the plains, passing north of the city of Greeley, and flows into the South Platte River approximately 5 miles (8.0 km) east of Greeley.
The name of the river means "Hide the powder" in French. It refers to an incident in the 1820s when French trappers, caught by a snowstorm, were forced to bury part of their gunpowder along the banks of the river.
(Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design)