Lake Gaston North Carolina Laser Cut Engraved Map
Each map is a beautiful artistic handcrafted work of art using the finest woods with special attention to every detail. Due to the natural variation in wood grain, each map will vary slightly in finish and color, some come to us all blonde and some has beautiful variances, making each one unique and one-of-a-kind. (Photo shown is our showroom display. Your map will be very close to this, but wood grain, knots, and final finish color may be slightly different.)Birch is our wood of preference.
This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Lake Gaston in Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, North Carolina and part extending into Brunswick and Mecklenburg counties in Virginia, with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- Max. length: 34 miles
- Max. width: 1.3 miles
- Avg. depth: 40 feet
- Max. depth: 95 feet
- 1,350 miles of shoreline
- 20,000 surface acres
- All maps include special points of interest laser engraved into the map face and come with a beautiful blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map (see sample picture).
- Once the map is cut and engraved we hand sand multiple times, assemble and clear coat them for a lustrous wood shine. We believe that this personal attention each and every item receives makes each wooden item a unique work of art.
- Made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
- Please note on smaller maps (13 x 16 and 14 x 17 framed) it may be hard to read road names and if the lake has islands they will not be included.
You can choose the stand out map which is mounted onto a tranquil blue back with a key hole cut on the back, ready to hang.Available in three sizes:
- Small stand out 13"x16"
- Standard Stand out 15"x23"
- Large Stand out 19"x32"
Or a framed map, our classic solid wood English chestnut stained frame gives it the classic look,Available in three sizes:
- Small 14”x18” Map
- Standard 18”x27” Map
- Large 37”x24” Map
Interesting Factoid About the Lake:-
The lake was built in a deep valley located along a 10-mile section of the Tallulah River. The Lake Burton Dam was closed on December 22, 1919 and the lake started to fill. The dam is a gravity concrete dam, with a height of 128 feet and a span of 1,100 feet. The spillway is equipped with eight gates 22 feet wide by 6.6 feet high. The total capacity at an elevation of 1,866.6 feet is 108,000 acre·ft of which 106,000 acre·ft is usable storage. The generating capacity of the dam is 6,120 kilowatts. Lake Burton is the highest Georgia Power Lake in Georgia. House owners rent the land under 99 year leases and all the land is owned by the Georgia Power.
Andrew Jackson Ritchie Served As The Postmaster For The Area For Several Years. Gold Was First Discovered In Rabun County Where Dicks Creek And The Tallulah River Come Together And Was The Reason For The Town'S Founding In The Early 19Th Century.
Lake Burton's name was derived from the town of Burton, which was the second largest town in Rabun County with a population of approximately 200. The former town now lies below the lake's surface.
(Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design).